Last Revised: September 25, 2022
1. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. In general, cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s computer.
The most important thing to know about cookies placed by WordPresto is that they make our website a bit more user-friendly, for example, by remembering site preferences and language settings.
We use these cookies and other similar technologies for a number of purposes, including:
- Keeping you signed in
- Keeping your preferences
- To provide you with the service you chose to receive from us
- Understanding how you use our website
- To monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness in order to improve the WordPresto Platform
- To understand and improve the impact of our marketing campaigns
- To record and track what you add to your shopping cart for future reference
- For security needs and fraud-protection purposes and in order to identify and prevent cyber-attacks
Cookies that are used by WordPresto.com should be divided into two types:
- “First-party Cookies” – Cookies that are placed by WordPresto
- “Third-party Cookies” – Cookies that are placed and used by third-party companies which are WordPresto’s partners
It is important to note that WordPresto cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other third-party organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. WordPresto doesn’t allow third-parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those described in the next sections.
3. Cookie Duration
Depending on their function, Cookies may have different durations. There are session cookies and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies only last for your online session. It means that the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie
4. Cookie Categories
The cookies used on our website fall into one of four categories:
- Essential Cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure and private areas.
- Analytic Cookies let us understand how you use our website (e.g. which pages you visit), to provide statistics on how our website is used, improve the website by identifying any errors, and performance issues.
- Functional cookies are cookies used to remember choices users make to improve their experience (e.g. language).
- Marketing cookies are used to collect information about the impact of our marketing campaigns performed in other websites on users and non-users.
5. Your Choices
You can change your cookie settings below:
These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and to provide you with access to features such as your profile and purchases, member-only resources, and other areas of the website. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
Marketing, Analytics & Other Cookies
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and understand how to manage, delete and block them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Alternatively, it is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Please note that deleting our cookies, disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Edge
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Android
To opt out from and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics across all websites, check out the following instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.